At All Systems Broadband, you will experience a supportive environment offering the opportunity to harness your creative energy. As part of our team, your innovation and initiative will help set your career path. We provide a stimulating work environment that provides a proper balance between the competing demands of career and family.
At All Systems Broadband, our people are our most important asset. We are a small company with a benefits package that resembles that of a major firm. These include:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Disability coverage (long-term)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid time off
Assistant Product Manager
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Assistant Product Manager will be a key contributor responsible for assisting in the management of existing product lines, new product market introductions, and providing input to strategic platform development projects. This individual will also be responsible for supporting the Product Manager in product line profitability, analysis of competitive threats, recommendation of product line extensions and cost reduction initiatives for existing products. He/she will help develop pricing strategies and assist in the preparation and completion of RFQ responses while coordinating with operations, sales, and engineering. This individual will exhibit excellent business fundamentals in order to support analysis and recommendations for future growth. It is essential that this person foster a culture of excellence to drive positive results. This position will also provide technical support for existing and emerging products including new product introduction activities such as bills of material, technical purchase specifications, and first article inspection reviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting in the management of existing product line(s) to include profitability and market strategies.
- Supports market penetration and expansion by working closely with the Product Manager, Sales and customers.
- Assists in the creation of pricing strategies, pricing implementation, product configuration development and part number generation.
- Functions as a project champion as needed for platform project initiatives.
- Serves as a point-of-contact for product lines and is able to advise internal and external customers on the value propositions of our products.
- Supports Sourcing and Product Management with OEM’s as needed for product sourcing, continuity of supply, quality issue resolution, etc.
- Assists in the resolution of issues escalated from manufacturing, engineering, marketing and customer service/support.
- Gathers data and maintains metrics to evaluate product and business performance.
- Ensures that RFQs are completed accurately and on time. Maintains knowledge of current technologies as they apply to our products.
- Plays a support role in the development of our current and future products.
- Help develop a product roadmap and assist in evaluation of products throughout its life cycle.
- Proactively pursues product cost reduction initiatives.
- Reports to and serves as a backup to the Product Manager.
- Fosters a culture of excellence to drive positive results.
- Serve as a technical and business liaison to operations.
- Create and maintain product BoMs through collaborative efforts with Project Leaders, Design, Product Management and Operations.
- Manage engineering and sourcing project activities to define, review, and approve technical specifications.
- Investigate areas of compliance needed for target markets.
- Verify product conformance to applicable industry specifications, technical product specifications and drawings.
- Identify and direct corrective action steps when necessary.
- Coordinate with internal engineering resources when necessary.
- Resolve issues escalated from other departments.
- Play a role in the sourcing product evaluation and selection process.
- Assist in the development of product quality procedures and the resolution of product quality issues.
- Create technical purchasing specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a project or product manager or in a senior level product and/or customer support position.
- Understands the key technologies in our business.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of new product development in a complex organization.
- Strong business acumen to provide business support, guidance and improve financial performance.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Must be able to communicate and negotiate with internal cross-functional groups, team members, outside vendors, and customers.
- Must be proficient with computers, Microsoft Office, and ERP systems.
- Good presentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent work ethic, business ethics, and high quality standards are required.
All Systems Broadband is looking for talented people to help take our business to the next level. If you are an individual who is willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to delight our customers, we would like to hear from you.
To express interest in our company, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com