At All Systems Broadband, you will experience a supportive environment offering the opportunity to harness your creative energy. As part of our team, your innovation and initiative will help set your career path. We provide a stimulating work environment that provides a proper balance between the competing demands of career and family.
At All Systems Broadband, our people are our most important asset. We are a small company with a benefits package that resembles that of a major firm. These include:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Disability coverage (long-term)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid time off
Assistant Product Manager – Raleigh, NC
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Assistant Product Manager will be a key contributor responsible for assisting in the preparation of pricing, part numbers, bills of material, and customer facing datasheets for new product configurations. This individual will develop a technical understanding of the products in order to determine what new configurations can be offered to our customers as well as to understand all the components required to build the product. They will participate in first article inspection reviews with the Operations team to confirm that the product is being built as it was quoted to the customer. This position will require close communications with the product development, sales, and operations teams. In addition, this role will assist with new product introductions, RFQ responses, analyzing competitor threats, pricing strategies, recommendation of product line extensions, and cost reduction initiatives for existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the creation of pricing and part number generation for new product configurations
- Create and maintain product Bill of Materials (BoMs) through product design awareness and collaborative efforts with Project Leaders, Design, Product Management and Operations.
- Create customer facing datasheets for new products and new product configurations
- Participate in first article review (FAI) sessions held by the Operations/Manufacturing teams for a new product configuration and confirm/approve that this “first product off the manufacturing line” meets the configuration as it was quoted to the customer
- Help to ensure that customer Request for Quotes (RFQs) are completed accurately and on time.
- Assist in the training/education of internal and external customers on the value propositions of our products.
- Propose product cost reduction initiatives to the Product Manager, development, and operations teams.
- Reports to and serves as a backup to the Product Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business (if candidate has high degree of mechanical aptitude), or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a product management related role or in a product and/or customer support position.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and be self-motivated
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with internal cross-functional groups, team members, outside vendors, and customers.
- Understanding the key technologies in our business is a plus.
- Good presentation and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with computers and Microsoft Office. Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
- Excellent work ethic, business ethics, and high quality standards are required.
To express interest in our company, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
All Systems Broadband is looking for talented people to help take our business to the next level. If you are an individual who is willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to delight our customers, we would like to hear from you.