All Systems Broadband offers a comprehensive solution for Multiple Dwelling Unit (MDU) applications based on our Fiber Demarcation Enhanced Access (FDE) box. When the FDE indoor wall-mount enclosure is combined with products such as our HiD4 passives, fiber pigtails, splice tray adapter kits, and grounding options, you have a ready-made solution for a multitude of applications.
The Fiber Demarcation Enhanced Access enclosure has a low profile, side-by-side door design that provides an ideal environment for splicing and patching in indoor wall-mount applications. An integrated access door on the customer side of the enclosure provides a generous opening for a cleaning tool to reach the optical connectors resulting in a more craft-friendly design. The access door can be opened by-hand without the use of tools. This door is shown in the pictures below.
- Modular passive cassettes allow capacity to be scaled as needed
- Access door on customer side allows easy cleaning tool access to optical ports
- Two carrier cable entry ports with rubber grommets
- Two customer cable exit ports with rubber grommets top and bottom for patchcord or multi-fiber cable exit
- Grommet allows pigtails to be placed in the box after termination, one-at-a-time or as a group
- Powder coated aluminum housing
- Grounding and ground feed-through components
- Security bolts and provisions for padlock hasps provided for both doors
- Cable sheath clamps for carrier cables
- Customer side port map label plus identification card enable clear designation for each port
- Easy wall mounting; template and hardware included
This product can be made even more efficient with the addition of Multi-fiber Push-On (MPO) Cable Assemblies that deliver a Plug-n-Play solution for interconnecting elements in an optical network. The MPO connectors provide a quick and reliable link for multiple fibers (e.g., 12) in a single industry-standard connector.
For more information about MPOs, please click here.